Clearance Type: Minimum Secret clearance required
Work Location: Immediate deployment to Middle East 60 - 120 daysJob Description: BKM is currently seeking CAT II Syrian Arabic linguists to deploy.
Summary of duties include:
• Provide operational contract linguist support to DoD client.
• Provide general linguistic support for military operations and interpret during interviews, meetings, and conferences
• Interpret and translate written and spoken communications
• Transcribe and analyze verbal communications
• Perform document exploitation. Scan, research and analyze foreign language documents for key information
• Translate and review foreign language documents.
• Identify and extract information components meeting military information requirement list criteria. Provide input to reports
• Shift work and extended hours in support of 24 x 7 operations.
• Must possess an active SECRET Security Clearance.
• Must have an excellent command of Arabic and English languages, as well as strong verbal and written English skills (grammar, vocabulary, idioms, and spelling)
• CAT II linguists must have native proficiency in Arabic languages (ILR level 3 to 5) and shall meet at a minimum the criteria of ILR level 3 for English
• CAT II linguists shall be able to follow accurately the essentials of conversations between educated native speakers, reasonably make and answer telephone calls, understand radio broadcasts, news stories similar to wire service reports, oral reports, some oral technical reports and public addresses on non-technical subjects
• Must hold a current U.S. passport. (Or apply as soon as accepted into the program). Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office suite
• The candidate must have a valid certification of completion in PII and Cyber Awareness Challenge within 30 days to be considered for any open positions. To obtain the certification, visit http://iase.disa.mil/eta/
All applicants will undergo background investigation, oral and written skills language examination, medical examination and counterintelligence screening as conditions of employment on this contract.
• Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
• Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
• Able to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally
• Able to walk long distances without assistance
"Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions."
— Sun Tzu
Copyright 2016 BKM Global. All rights reserved.